we're still on the payroll

Last night I decided to hop online to send my mom some pictures before bed and discovered I had a message from Chrissy! I had told her of my brief return to the sunshine state and she remembered. So, she says we should get together. Seeing as how I have missed her and her little one (August), I harassed her into braving public transit to come hang out with me. And she accepted! She called this morning and will be here in about an hour! I am so excited to see her (and August!). Last time I saw her little August was in August, when she was born. She was so tiny and made meager little noises that were some excuse for crying (she was two weeks old, Richie was 8 months I knew real crying). She's seven months old now and has changed so much. For that fact, so has Richie. I wish I had more time to spend with her. Last time they stayed for a couple hours and the poor lot of them were so exhausted. I don't want to just stand in the kitchen staring at the microwave clock for an hour, as I am sure that would only cause time to slow to halt, and Richie is taking a nap before they come so I decided to blog about my already-interesting morning.

Yesterday I was spoiled by Richie sleeping in. This morning I was jarred awake at a quarter to seven by one persistent little screecher. Sometimes I wonder if he considers the lack of playmate I am at such early hours. Mostly though, I doubt he cares. The whole house was already stirring with my dad running late for work, Ryann eating breakfast before school and Rocky looking after Sugar while making sure Ryann kept to her schedule. I sat on the couch, put Richie down, and let the world spin it's craziness around me. I even contemplated hiding in the bathroom. It's quiet there and the door locks.

Everyone left and I got Richie and I dressed. I realized Chrissy and I hadn't outlined a real plan except to say that today was okay. I decided that 8:00 a.m. was too early to call her and whimper about her coming over now. Rocky returned from dropping Ryann off at school. Richie played in the kitchen and Rocky was getting ready to take Sugar for a walk. Rocky and I got to commiserating about "rap music," pop culture icons, and "little Richmond". While we agreed on the negative juvenile influences in California, Richie ever so sneakily began shoving his face with handfuls of puppy food. Venison and rice dog food didn't sit well with his refined palatte and he began gagging and spitting. We laughed as I scoop food pellets from his gritty mouth. I decided he could have some cookies to chase down the nasty taste of dog good. With mommy laughing at him, he hesistantly shoved cookie after cookie in his mouth and drank lots of water. Much diarrhea followed.

Nearly 10:00 and already Richie has made my day, well, rich!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahhaaaaaa... puppy food...

And let me know how it goes with Chrissy. =)