deflowered

Monday, Jennie made a dangerous drive in a dangerous storm just to come see me. After peeking at blue skies that morning I surprised when 10:00 rolled around bringing clouds and sheets of rain. Jennie loves me so much she packed her and Alaina into her little red Jetta and jetted along the freeway. She got a good start, too. That is, until her tire blew. Thank goodness for her nearby handy hubby. After sitting in the rain for a while she was on her way again.

We stopped at Babies R Us. I bought organic cheese crackers, a snack trap, and the newest of new Wendy Bellissimo diaper bags. I hardly new love before this diaper bag! Ever on the quest for more pockets, Wendy Bellissimo fulfills my desires! It's denim with gold stitching (a la Levis) and has a studded star on the front. I will forever sing the praises of Wendy Bellissimo! I am blown-away by the quality of her products again and again.

After discovering the most wonderful diaper bag ever created, we took the kids to Mimi's to eat and then on to apartment to meet up with Shannon. Shannon, the slave driver, whipped Jennie and I until we started cleaning and packing. You see, Jennie is moving into her shiny new house on Saturday. We were having fun (as the three of us always do), until I noticed the time. I was not happy. We were packing at 2:00 in the morning, then 3:00 in the morning. Finally Jennie called it quits. What happens next? Richie woke up. I will say nothing more than that my child stayed awake for over an hour before passing out with me in Jennie's bed. I can't go into it. Don't ask. I've let it go...maybe. Although, Andrew was nice enough to let me invade his spot on the bed. So, all morning it was Jennie, Alaina, Richie and myself. Did I mention Jennie and I are close?

Richie woke up a few hours later. I felt over joyed and well rested (a few afters thinking he was not going back to sleep was a freaking blessing!). Jennie squinted as Richie laughed at her sleeping and gave Richie the evil-finger. Richie responded with more laughter. My dramatic little one had to laugh so hard his head just so happened to continually smack into my chest. After we were up and dressed, Shannon and I made a Starbucks run. Jennie stayed at the apartment waiting for Bree to drop off Amara (the baby she watches).

While we all waited and ate breakfast, the babies made a huge mess; Richie scarfed his first (two) donuts while Alaina smeared cheese on her face from my bagel. Unfortunately Alaina turned out to be allergic to the treat from good ol' Auntie Brittany. Her poor little face got all puffy and red. Jennie gave her some allergy medicine and we tossed messy and messier in the tub together. Alaina kept trying to wash Richie's hair and cuddle on him while Richie made angry goose noises.

March 27, 2007 March 27, 2007 March 27, 2007

One might think that my son would exit the bath clean, but he decided one bath wasn't enough and pooped in the water. I blame Jennie's tub; this is the second time that happened.

After waiting. and waiting. and we waiting. Bree finally showed up with Amara. We decided to strap the kids in the car and go shopping. Shannon came along for the first half, but then sadly had to go to work (with Alaina's cream cheese mess on her pants from the day before). Jennie and I went on to more shopping! I found the most adorable cell phone toy. It's similar enough to my phone that Richie no longer insists on prank calling through my speed dial. After shopping we waited for Bree to pick up Amara so we could finally eat! Somehow leaving at 6:00 turned into leaving at 7:30 and became eating dinner a (very expensive) dinner at Claim Jumpers. Fortunately, in all that time I did purchase an adorable frame to go in my son's bedroom!

Today was boring so I thought I'd write about the interesting times I had the past days before. Tomorrow my grandmother is coming to see me, which is way exciting since I haven't seen her yet. Early tomorrow though I am really hoping to see my friend Chrissy and her baby, August. I haven't seen them since August (the month, not the baby) and I can't wait!

Wish me fun filled hours!

Goodnight!

(!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brittany Brittany... our adventures are so much fun! I love reading about them on your blog, even though I was there when they were happening. =P

And I'm SO making Weewee pay for that dinner. Hosebeast!