the sun, the sand, and the wind in my hair

Yesterday my dad, my baby sister, Richie and I took off to visit my other sister and her boyfriend in Belmont (near Half Moon Bay). It took us about an hour and a half to get there from Antioch. Richie didn't mind the drive. I thought it was very pretty but it's hard to believe that there is so much stuff in California.

We went to the restaurant where my sister and her boyfriend (Alex) both work. It's called Lil Biscuit House. If you ever venture to Belmont/Half Moon Bay/Santa Cruz it's worth going a little out of your way to eat there. The owner, Marty, is also the chef. He attended culinary school in California and now makes HUGE, delicious plates at the restaurant he owns. His mom does catering out of his restaurant, as well. I can't tell you how good the food is! They have a smoker in the back where they smoke meat daily. I didn't try them, but my dad and sisters gushed over the ribs. I had shrimp scampi and it was very, very good! And there was so much! Usually they don't put much shrimp on your plate but Marty piled it on! I left stuffed (carrying an equally stuffed baby). I could go on and on; it was that good!

After a wonderful dining experience we headed over to the beach. It was Richie's first time at the beach and he loved it! Unfortunately it was too late to play in the tide pools but we still had fun. Richie was fascinated with the water until I put his feet in it. He enjoyed playing in the sand - even when he fell face first into it after trying to run on the beach. We stayed until it got so cold Richie was shivering in my lap.



March 25, 2007

No comments: