Mister bluebird on my shoulder

I have two weeks until I am leaving for California. The packing process has begun! Yes, I am one of those people. You know, the people that start packing two weeks before they leave on a trip. I hate coming home to any sort of disarray, so I have been cleaning and rearranging like someone with OCD. Combine my pre-vacation insanity with an attack of the spring-cleaning-bug and you get one very clean house! Richie doesn't seem to mind. In fact, he even helps...in his own way.

helping

March 9, 2007


The two weeks I will be gone to the Bay Area will be my short break before I have to commit to a full-time schedule of classes. April 16th marks the first day of early registration and I will be there. Hopefully being the first person to register I will be able to get the class load I want. I start school the last week of May. I am not looking forward to giving up the blessed time I have with Richie. Who would? My single mommy solution to the whole problem is to enroll him in a "private" pre-school type day care place. Right now he is on the waiting list. Hopefully I will have him enrolled and surviving his first away-from-mommy experience before I have to be sitting in a classroom wondering how long he has been screaming for and if my instructor would understand if I ran out of the room to give Richie "the boob". I know it will be good for him; he enjoys playing with others kids so much. His personality has blossomed, and this will encourage his emotional development even more.

I will cry. I will cry like a...baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be so hard to leave him... but at least you know that he'll be in good hands.

Good luck with school, I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. ♥

I can't wait to see you guys! I am SO excited! AHHHH! =D